July 8, 2010

I Love Twilight and I Am Not Ashamed

Today I went to see the newest Twilight movie, Eclipse- and I L.O.V.E.D. it. I am a Twi-hard and I am not ashamed. While I don't have a Team Edward tattoo, I have read all of the books (ahem*repeatedly*ahem) and do enjoy the movies.
I don't get why people are so down on Twilight. I didn't watch the show Lost- did you see me on FB every day ragging on how it sucked? That stupid smoke monster business? Sparkly vampires are much more appealing than smoke monsters! You're not Team Edward or Team Jacob? I don't care! I don't even care if you're Team Limbaugh, it's none of my business. Let people enjoy what they like and leave them alone. So what if I'm a 31 year old mother of three swooning over teenager-vampire-werewolf love triangles. Did you ever stop to think that there may be a reason moms like Twilight? Well, duh, there is! It's the fantasy. It's the escapism. It's the romance. Young love, first kisses, butterflies and promises of devotion. When was the last time your baby daddy pledged his eternal love to you? I'm guessing you're probably having to think back quite a few years, aren't you. I'm not saying parenthood and marriage and commitment aren't wonderful things- they are. It's just that sometimes Mamas (in particular) need a break- from the constant cleaning, whining, crying, dirty diapers and sibling rivalry. If you throw in some romance and mystery, you have the perfect respite for a worn down, hard workin' Mama. And everybody knows, if Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.
So the next time your Mama friend is pledging her love for Twilight, please cut her some slack and let her have her fun- and I promise not to tell anyone how much you love The Bachelorette. 
If you enjoy Twilight, click here and you will not be disappointed. You're welcome.

5 comments:

  1. Game seems to be back up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm creeped out when grown adults lust over Jacob and Edward. I don't care if people like Twilight but that really is creepy in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see anything wrong with adults enjoying a good work of fiction. I love to dream about when I was younger...how fun it would've been to be "Bella"...how fun it was to fall in love for the first time. The part that scares me is if the adults are stalking the actors...hahaha (no, I don't stalk..lol). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tina!
    And yes, it is creepy when grown women stalk 18 year old movie stars, I won't argue that, lol. Oh my lord, and the Twilight tattoos you see on-line are the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a twihard. My youngest child's middle name was almost renesme. Try esplaining that one to the inlaws! I'm sure he is counting his lucky stars (once he is old enough to count) that he was a boy. I haven't gotten too much harassment from my peers for my addiction persay, but the aquaintences think i am nuts. Just keeping them on their toes I guess. Heading to check out your link, thanks in advance as I have total confidence in your taste...

    Blessings,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete

If you're happy and you know it, leave a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails