August 31, 2011

Not Blessed Mama's Unwanted And Unsolicited Product Review: Instagram

I do not take nice pictures. I am not interested in taking wonderful pictures. I just want to take a picture, have my kids look good, and move on with my life. Sadly, it doesn't always work that way, and I'm stuck with a bunch of crappy pictures.

Fortunately, that life changing device that I like to call my iPhone has the perfect solution. What can't an iPhone do? Seriously, if you don't have an iPhone, it will change your life. Now that that's out of the way, if you have an iPhone, you need to check out Instagram.

Instagram is a free app that has been blowing up in popularity. It's a camera app that allows you to add different effects to your photos after you take them. Hipstamatic is a similar app, but I'm pretty sure I paid for Hipstamatic and you have to choose the lense and filter before you take the pic (and sometimes your choice is not ideal).

Here's a pic I took of Spawn#2 that didn't turn out too well. I wanted to get a pic of her cute new outfit, but she was in a rush and didn't feel like posing. The results were less than stellar.

After importing the picture to Instagram and adding a cool filter, the pic looked much better. Arty, defined, sharper. I love the results!


Here are a few more examples.

















I highly recommend you check out Instagram so you can pretend to be an arty, farty photographer like me. Instagram also allows you to easily share your photos on social networking sites as well (like Twitter!), and we all know how important that is to bloggers.

As usual, no one provided me with any free products for this review- and since Instagram is free, I guess that wouldn't make sense anyway. Also, as usual, if anyone has any free cool stuff, send it my way, would ya?

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE instagram!! It is seriously my favorite app.I am pretty sure I am following you on there but am going to double check. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also addictive to Instagram...so much that I am using my phone to take pictures more than my camera! Off to search for you there now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is super cute in her polka dot dress :) Did I drop a few IQ points using super cute?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had an Iphone so I could use Instagram so I could be a cool blogger with cool looking photos. I mean they INSTANTLY make shit look good. And they really are more interesting, ya know? Texture, color, perspective, etc.

    And then there's my photography. Pa.The.Tic.

    But I'm over it.

    ReplyDelete

If you're happy and you know it, leave a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails