June 17, 2011

So.... I Guess Father's Day Is Coming Up

Last year, I wrote a post about Father's Day that I loved. Honestly, I don't remember it exactly, but the gist of it was that Dads are bums and every Sunday is Father's Day, with football on the tv and the family put on hold (what? I'm not bitter.). Anywho, before you go looking for it, I must tell you- I deleted it. For some reason that I can't fathom, I was constantly getting hits on that post from Russia. For a long time too. I have no idea why. I can't imagine that Not Blessed Mama is big over there (although why not, I don't know). Long story short, it made me paranoid that Russians were stalking me so I deleted the post. Booo. By the way, I have nothing against Russians. 
I'm pretty sure the post said that we shouldn't spend a day celebrating Dad, because Dad will be sitting on his ass in the recliner watching some assorted sports program, just like every other Sunday. So, I beseeched my readers, let's celebrate something really monumental- like refrigerators, or burritos.
So, Happy Burrito Day this Sunday? I hope you enjoy a delicious burrito and think about the burrito's glorious history. I don't know what it is, but I'm sure it's super glorious.
And if any Dads happen upon my blog today.... Happy Father's Day! We moms, wives and kids appreciate what you do so much. We can't even show you in a day the happiness and joy you bring into our lives. Thank you for that, and enjoy your special day! We love you!
*cough*

By the way, if you need a last minute (free!) Father's Day gift, Walgreens has a free 8x10 photo collage
through tomorrow, June 18, with code 1FREEBIE. You can add a title to these and I have used them
as inexpensive holiday gifts many times. This is not an advertisement. Thank you. You're welcome. 

3 comments:

  1. That is weird that your Father's Day post kept popping up for Russian searches but I guess anything can happen. Hope you had a great father's day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dads are always up for Burrito Day, that's why they always ask you to pull their finger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I was hecka late in seeing this. Oops. I blame it on my chaotic weekend. Makes me wanna burrito. Hrmmm... I could so.. damn. Forgot, we are out of tortillas. Welp, I was just going to thank you for solving my dinner dilema, but... thanks for nothin'. ;0p

    You know I love ya. ;0) <3

    I am NOT Annonymous, Google!! Google.. you suck.

    ReplyDelete

If you're happy and you know it, leave a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails