January 20, 2012

Not Blessed Mama Cooks, Sometimes: Jamba Juice Copycat Recipe

This is Spawn#3. He doesn't eat anything.

Waffles have to be toasted exactly the right way. Pizza can't have cheese on it, unless it's from 2 specific places. The list goes on and on. I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised that he would never drink my yummy fruit smoothies. 

BUT, he would drink Jamba Juice. Citrus Squeeze, to be specific. I searched out the ingredients and read a bunch of copycat recipes, and this is what I came up with. Turns out the secret was orange sherbet. 

Jamba Juice Citrus Squeeze: no banana, substitute strawberry
- 1 cup orange juice (I usually add a splash more than a cup)
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 (scant) cup ice
-1 (heaping) cup frozen strawberries (toss a banana in there if you are so inclined- we all hate banana)
-1 (scant) cup orange sherbet

Blend away, and enjoy! It kind of depresses me to add the orange sherbet, but there's no way Spawn#3 would ever touch a strawberry, so C'est la vie. 


Will your smoothie look like a glowing cup of molten lava?
Only if you take a pic of it at night with the flash on.


3 comments:

  1. YUM! Citrus Squeeze was always my favorite and our Jambas don't have it anymore. I know you can probably request one and they'll make it but I always get discouraged that it's not in the menu. LOL. OK, that might be a personal problem I need to think about. Still. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Sounds delish! Might give me a reason to dust off the blender!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm.... hrmmm. Might have to try this. Or any smoothies for that matter.

    ReplyDelete

If you're happy and you know it, leave a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails